You can install free SSL Certificates from Let's Encrypt.
Please note that you can only generate free SSL Certificates for websites that you host on our servers, this will not work for domains hosted elsewhere.
To do this log into your Direct Admin control panel at www.YOURDOMAIN.co.nz/config. And if you have multiple domains click on the domain you wish to work with.
First you need to ensure that your domain has SSL enabled.
- Under the Your Account heading click on Domain Setup
- Click on the domain
- Make sure that Secure SSL is ticked.
- You can choose to have different content served under https to what is served under http or you can choose to have the same content.
If you would like the same website content served under https and http then make sure that Use a symbolic link from private_html to public_html - allows for same data in http and https is selected.
Or if you would prefer to have different content choose Use a directory named private_html. If you choose this option then upload your secure content into the private_html folder.
Now you are ready to create an SSL certificate.
- Return to Home, and if you have multiple domains click on the domain you wish to work with.
- Under the Advanced Features heading click on SSL Certificates
- Select the option for Free & automatic certificate from Let's Encrypt
- Enter the Common Name. This must be your domain name, enter the domain name without the www.
- Enter your email address, this must be the same email address that appears on the registrant contact details for your domain.
- Tick any additional sub-domains that you would like to secure. If you would like to secure www.yourdomain.co.nz then make sure that the www option is ticked.
- Click Save.
That's it! You do not need to worry about re-newing your free certificates, this will be handled for you automatically.